PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A B-29 just overflew my house
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2014, 23:01
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
A B-29 just overflew my house

OK, technically is was last Friday.
The Commemorative Air Force is 'in town' (Paine Field Everett) - and will be here through July 6. I first saw these guys July 4, 1976 in Colorado Springs as part of the USA bi-centennial celebration (it was called the Confederate Air Force back then - before political correctness apparently forced them to change it ). Simply fantastic . At the time I was in college, and had a "Press Pass" in my wallet because I'd written a few articles for the college engineering magazine - that press pass got me a press kit (which included several brochures and such that I'd wanted to buy but couldn't afford), free food and drink, and a seat 50 yards closer to the action during the air show .

They are selling rides on the B-29 on July 6 - after if flew over the house I mentioned I'd like to do that to the wife but she immediately vetoed the idea, pointing out I'd "already done that". I objected that it hadn't been on a B-29, it had been on a Collins Foundation B-17 about seven years ago, but she said 'same thing' and stood by the veto

She can't stop me from stopping by after work and checking everything out though .