PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Pilot Helicopter types...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2014, 18:08
Flarechecklevel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my confuuuuuzed face innit ...

Thanks for all the replies fellas/ladies.

On the change over of my JAR CPL(H) IR to EASA, I brought up this point. But even with an MCC course and 1300 hours of UK CAA certified Multi Crew time from the military, 5000 hrs+, they said no to an ATPL (H) because I did not have a "Multi Pilot type" on my licence.

There used to be a list in the old LASORS of these types, but now Cap 804 just refers you back n forth between references.

The trouble is, as pointed out above, that all the SP work can be done on a CPL(H) IR..... But if you wish to move onto MC operations, the bigger MC operators require an ATPL ...which you cant get unless you have a MC Type on your licence ....which you cant get unless you work for a bigger operator (or you happen to have £40k in your sock drawer).

I am applying for MC jobs that require MINIMUM ATPL(H) and fear that my CV is being 'file 13'd' because it says CPL(H) IR....

It appears to be an unfair vicious circle, especially when I know guys with only single engine, single pilot time, but who were licensed through the old CAA system and never having done an MCC course ...now hold EASA ATPL(H) !!!

Anyone lend me £40k ?

FCL