PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prince William for Air Ambulance?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2014, 14:03
Aussiecop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting comments on this thread. I applaud him for his efforts. As for the security piece. He already flew rescue ops, did he have a team of protectors on those missions? (I actually don't know the answer to that, so that would be nice to have some info on). I agree with those saying he should go the police route. Met police actually only hire ex Mil guys for their pilots, so he would fit right in, as well as the protectors would already be on board and their base is already secured anyway, so that's in the bag.

If he goes HEMS, it would still be a great profile raiser for the industry and for the royals. I hope it works out for him and the HEMS industry as well, as for all the talk about hours minimums and ratings/tests. He can clearly take all of the testing, he's already done it in the military, this should be a breeze for him. The additional hours? Well, if I was the HEMS operator he chose, I'd find a way to get him the hours he needs, purely for the PR benefit (yes I know that there are pilots without jobs etc, I get it. But as a whole for the country, royals and the HEMS industry, as was already said. It's a win/win). Oh, and I'm not British or EU, so I can't be attacked as a pro monarchy type like I've seen you guys all picking at each other about