PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panshanger Airfield At Risk Again?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 23:18
Dean McBride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panshanger Aerodrome 2014 - Holwell Hyde Heritage

I have managed to get Panshanger Aerodrome's wartime Past now Officially entered into the' Historic Environment Record' for Hertfordshire.

The council decided against awarding the aerodrome a conservation area based on their own beliefs it is of no historic value

They have agreed with English heritage that the North side of the aerodrome (the original aerodrome 1940) the Raf Mess will be preserved.

On the South side, behind Moneyhole Park is the decoy factory switch room, which is also going to be preserved.

In the Conservation Area Appraisal, it is recommended that no more buildings should be built on the aerodrome other than the amount of current buildings there already, meaning they are saying no to 700 houses, but yes to developement.

The Blister Hangers are regarded as Rare and In Situ but not mentioned as worth saving.

What I will point out is that Panshanger Aerodrome is the remains of only 1 of 4 in the UK today of a 3D Star-Fish Site, which makes Panshanger in the National Interest something Mariposa overlooked when I was making the connection with the Dambusters.

Panshanger Had 2 Aerodromes in the second world war, not one, as they had a changer of call sign. This is something that was overlooked.

The Panshanger Jet, the SK1. Local undiscovered history and the legacy of it, the London Aeroplane Club hangar. There is more to Panshanger and by the end of this year I will draw it out. Digging is too hard!

ab-initio.wix.com/holwellhydeheritage