PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 NG Ailerron PCU input Pogos;aileron cable failure ; 'What ifs'
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 19:28
bwheelz05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi and thanks for the reply!

My understanding is the input pogo(s) internal spring doesn't compress or extend until a pogo jam occurs. The bad/jammed pogo is back driven by the rest of the PCU assembly and it is then, that the spring, 'does its job'. So the pogos are usually quite rigid until a jam occurs.... is that correct?

So if that's the case, there would have to be something occurring at the control column that the pilots would feel as wrong or 'not right
.. thus they would write up the issue and maintenance would diagnose it. The FIM is unclear as to what to look for along the lines of a bad input pogo. Not even a mentioning of a visual clue or other indicator.

I agree that issue would be found during a PCU change or rigging...

I looked in the Component Maintenance Manual (CMM)... not much there for "How to find a bad input pogo. or . Indications of a stressed or jammed input pogo" .... hmmm

As far as a aileron cable breakage scenario... I figured the balance panels in conjunction with the aileron tab would try to keep the aileron in a somewhat neutral position.

If you haven't come across a pogo issue in 20+ years then I the chances of it happening must be pretty slim. ... maybe chalk it up to airplane magic! haha