PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 16:19
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Jodie's have and still do slip through the net. There are some exceptional CC at BA but some bad ones too. I was on a UK domestic last week, asked a polite simple question (as ex crew I know exactly how to ask the questions without annoying crew) but I was met with "I'm too busy to talk to you" in a very rude way. Not only was it rude, it was pretty embarrassing for me too - she did later apologise but still, there was no need for it.

If she wants to see what busy is, she should try doing a double GB to BFS on a Friday night on full 180 seat A320s with flight times of 35 minutes! It would have put this half empty A319 flight to LBA into perspective!

But for every awful one there are plenty of good ones. I flew into LHR back in February, left my ipad in the seat pocket and the crew took it and looked out for me in arrivals which they didn't have to do and they saved me a lot of hassle.

You will always get idiots who some how make it through recruitment. I remember day one of my training one candidate turned up with Barbie pink hair, made it through training but thankfully failed the line check. All the stages, checks, exams, snapshots/points, check flights and assessments are all there to try and minimise the amount if idiots who make it through and I felt the show was pretty balanced.

It is a responsible job but there's something very wrong when I see classrooms full of 18 year olds who are training for their very first job. With unemployment recently at record high levels, I struggle to believe that some of the candidates were honestly the strongest performers on their assessment days.