PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Choice of plane for PPL
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 15:49
gianmarko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been told of two Sportcrusers that have has the rear stabiliser fold up, one was in the UK and was a home built aircraft the other folded in the air while being demonstrated by the Italian agent for the type, unfortunately the aircraft had not been fitted with a ballistic parachute.
Sir, i havent heard of any PS28 or Sportcruiser folding up the stabilizer in Italy. the accident you are refering to is probably an accident involving a Flight Design CT2K which was being demonstrated well outside its flight envelope.

a PS28 has recently crashed in italy, killing the italian importer and a passenger, but the reason of the accident is still unknown.

regarding the PS28, which is a somewhat different a/c than the sportcruiser, and its inability to be flown by student pilots in the 2040es, i thank God for that.

i am sure none of you drive a 1965 car, even though i heard they were properly built, back then

the fact that most private pilots are nowadays condemned to fly what i consider museum material is just the result of the tireless work of the various CAA, which have contributed to make simple 4 seat airplanes cost like a whole bionic body.