PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 11:33
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
195's

CabinCrewe

The 195 position is quite fluid but in the last flybe financials it stated that at least three will be flying in the winter. The last time I checked only Southampton had one in the seating map for their Spanish routes.

The 195 was withdrawn from BHX - CDG on 11 June and I think two went in MAEL shortly afterwards.

However since then one has been used ad-hoc covering for tech Q400's. Yesterday one operated BHX-MXP but flybe still needed to use the Cello RJ85 on four sectors to cover for a Q400.

You would think BHX-CDG would be the first choice if the 195 gets reallocated to BHX but BHX-CDG-BHX-Berlin-BHX-CDG-BHX on the 195 could be an option.

Eventually you would hope for maybe a twice daily 175 at ATNotts suggests. Having flown in the "entertaining" Q400 from Amsterdam last weekend with the high speed one-engined taxi to Polderbaan (the flight home was almost as long ) I am not sure the Q400 would be right aircraft business wise although I am sure the economics would be the over-riding factor.

I did get my hearing back the following afternoon but more a "enthusiasts" or "accountants" aircraft rather than a silky-smooth ride for the mobile business person and as for reliability, about six cancellations at BHX in the last two weeks plus some subs, which is not great but they are operating a lot of flights even compared to the now leisurely Ryanair base.

Pete