PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drones in Australia (UAV/UAS)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 10:21
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like some are getting pretty hysterical about all this now. I mean licensing the owners of these small quads will guarantee nothing. Just because someone has been 'educated' means zip!
People will always flaunt the law in any area of 'education' when it suits them (Rd rules perfect Eg & they kill daily!) especially if there's commercial gain in it.
What's to say that if someone did enter CTA deliberately or accidental that they pleaded dumb/innocent as these contraptions are well known to 'fly away' under their own steam totally out of control.
I flew my newest toy Quad just 2day & it's amazing it's capabilities in stable hover within about a 4 Mtr sq with height varying by no more than a foot or so, all for around $300 bucks with the best feature 'return to home' being bloody amazing & coupled with FPV means flying for a living is just a bloody chore with zero fun!
I luv toy planes & it will be a shame to regulate them out of existence, but fortunately it can't be done anyway as it's now totally out of the hands of the authorities.

Wmk2