PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 767 Bogeys
Thread: 767 Bogeys
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2003, 02:31
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bae 146-100

Happy to report back no more difficult than the 757. Flew the -300 today and what you really notice is the extra inertia due to the extra weight. I certainly felt the truck tilt when PNF which feels different to the 757, but did not feel it on my own landing........not because it was any better, probably just down to me working a lot harder as PF and not having as much capacity to notice these 'minor things'!

Other noteable differences are the number of seats down the back(!) the step 'up' into the flight deck as opposed to the step down into the 75, carpets on the FD floor (no sh*t!) and the way it handles; much lighter in the rotate, but significantly heavier in pitch when flying, also much more stable in roll, very serene and a pleasure to fly. The inertia already mentioned requires more anticipation, ie. if you get a couple of knots slow on approach you need to catch it quicker or you end up having to put handfuls of power on to claw the speed back, so as ever with a big jet it's better to anticipate early and correct any trend away from that desired.

PP