PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2014, 07:33
Soft Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
me179, I really am not aware that GF is currently recruiting F/Os, (of any nationality) and by the way, nationality has never been an issue in the recent GF recruitment past, what I know for sure is that they still have a good batch of Bahraini S/Os in the queue to get on line.
So frankly, I wouldn't be holding my breath for an interview date with GF for a F/O position.

Desert Hawk, I really did not mean to divert this subject into a political or a personal one, but cant help then bringing a bit more precision into my point.

Avoiding a few road blocks here and there, smelling tear gas every now and then and all that in quite a limited area in Bahrain doesn't mean that you lost YOUR job !
Does it ?
If you, as a GF pilot lost your job with the company after the events, it clearly means that you took a side politically, otherwise you are still happily doing your 4 sectors and "split" duties or whatever else, or you left the company on your own accord.
When I said that no one was affected by the events, I meant no one of the GF pilot population !

Also, as you are probably aware, expats are mercenaries : as long as you can fly and get paid for it, you stay. Even in the case of government change, if the company would still be offering you a job and the terms are acceptable to you, you will still stay. Doesn't mean that one shouldn't follow what is happening in the country, but one has definitely no place in putting his nose in the political affairs of the country.
You feel unsafe, leave. You are not getting paid or contracting dwindling down, leave, no one could object your decision in such a case.
By the way, many of the current expat captains, including myself got quite a few offers from the neighboring Gulf or other further away carriers, but we chose to stay for the reasons mentioned in my first post.

Regarding the salary for new joiner captains, you might be right : they are probably getting the sum you mention as a basic though, because quite a few of them are doing overtime, hence making much more dinero over the 4000 bar ! Even then, a couple hundred of Dinars difference only as a basic between a new joiner and a senior captain is still injustice towards the latter one, but I hinted about this in my first post regarding the end of service indemnity.

Cheers and safe flying

Soft Altitude out