PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diesel V8 flys
Thread: Diesel V8 flys
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2014, 06:08
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's be perfectly clear. In the automotive world where you can play and change to your hearts content were claims that are made that are incorrect are soon found out and products don't last. It was one article I came across that showed what really happens in the real world as I said very earl in this post. I have not and did not go looking for this but found that some people may find it interesting.
Not everything new is better. To be honest a fadec controlled engine is going to give you what. Sfa. Aircraft engines are as they are for a reason. There are no other production engines that will do what an aircraft engine will do. All fadec will do is take the leaning out of a pilots hands and may and it's a big may give a slightly better fuel use age. That's it.
Not really much of an advantage in the end. The reason why the auto motive industry was the tighten emission controls that have been imposed. A piston engine with spark ignition has a very narrow brand of schicometic envelope. And before you say efi gives better fuel economy yes but only slightly by being able to keep the engine in its envelope closer it the transmission that give the economy as we now head toward 9 speeds in passenger cars.

Cheers