PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diesel V8 flys
Thread: Diesel V8 flys
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2014, 02:33
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree with what you say about the efficiently of a carburettor. How ever the point was that you can make more HP/torque for a carby. For most application the high end is not required to the degree of what this carby dose. But it explains a whole lot and more the differences between the two systems. Then you can have a pressure injected carby which is an extremely complex bit of kit.
In drag racing now they measure grains of water in the air. It's gone from we'll let's try this to an extreme science to get the lasts tenth out of a machine.

There Arnt to my knowledge any Single lever piston engine aircraft that Arnt fadec controlled. There are however a lot of turbine engine aircraft that are.
The fuel basically in a turbine is ethier on or off. The pilot has no control over fuel other than a power lever. This is all because fuel is computed via air speed and placement of the power lever. In a piston engine aircraft this is extremly hard to do unless the use if electronics is used. Then that makes the system complex and takes away the simplicity of an engine. And the ability for the engine to run with out any electrical power.
It's all a balance in the end.

Aviation is similar to drag racing. How fast you won't to go is only held back by the amount of cash you won't to through at it.

I keep saying fuel is the cheapest thing you can place in an aircraft.

Cheers