PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2014, 21:48
Danny42C

BEagle,

Never have I seen such a masterful representation of one of the RAF's fondest memories - Thanks a lot ! Trying my hardest, I interpret the motto on the lower half as "Dieu et mon Doigt" ,and the top half should be "Faith et Blind Hope".

But it may have been fashioned out of some friable material (like our pastry specimen), the mice have been at it, and the lettering is no longer distinct....D.

Ian BB and harrym,

The idea that the RAF would pay (probably) ten or twenty times the rail warrant cost to move a bunch of SNCOs around (unless there was earth-shaking need for some war purpose) simply defies belief and all reason. The only Sunderlands I ever saw were the weekly ones up and down the W. coast between Bombay and Ceylon, carrying mail, Mountbatten and/or his Staff, at about 10,000 ft. I didn't even know of the existence of internal "C" boat and Ensign flights,

I must say that once I benefited from a high prioity; Palam put me on an Indian National Airways "Expeditor" for Rawalpindi when the RAF had nothing going that way....D.

harrym,

Wonderful ! But if you think that SBA was hard in an aircraft, try it in a Link (and lose the will to live). And you keep us waiting with bated breath for your: "instead I found myself destined for Bomber Harris's mincing machine". Don't let it be too long !....D.

Cheers, Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 20th Jun 2014 at 21:53. Reason: Add Text.