PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 20th Jun 2014, 20:12
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dengue-Dude,

How dare you cast nasturtiums on my office of some 5000 flying hours. Many a happy hour have I spent in a state of somnambulance, whilst awaiting the arrival back at a place of bar and allowances, courtesy of the two winged master race. Only disturbed by the gentle reminder by the "loadbutler" that my main meal (usually ACC) was ready. Rarely did the behemoth cause great problems, though attempts were made, in exotic locations to dwell. But I know what you mean

Meanwhile, an old ex GE mate and myself are a bit baffled, and would ask the help of those in the know. It concerns operations in Northern Ireland, and here is where we are. As GEs we both remember Operation Banners (Op Banner) A and B. I am of the opinion that Banner A went to Aldergrove and Banner B to Ballykelly, some sense there so far. So what was Op Ferdy ? It also went in to NI. My memory suggests Ferdy involved movements from bases in Germany to the province, my GE mate reckons Ferdy were the Ballykelly runs. We are both unsure, and as we have a couple of hours walking each week, it would be nice to hear the definitive answer. I'm sure someone here knows the answer. I'm still looking for my pics from GW1, SWMBO has found a good hiding place this time.

Smudge