PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2014, 17:25
Anomaly0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome that this is on TV!! If nothing else, it educates the public on the not so (for lack of a better term) black and white issue of color vision! There are varying degrees of deficiency and even that isn't widely known by the public. So at least that part is agreed upon now.. There is still much work to be done to open the minds of the unaffected, however. A task oriented test should suffice 100%.. Not some damn color vision test. And by task oriented, I don't mean being asked to name colors during a flight or with some silly obsolete light gun. I mean ACTUALLY FLYING THE PLANE.. whether that be in a sim or real life. I'm pulling for you here from the USA John! I gave what I could to Colour Vision Defective Pilots Association (CVDPA) and will continue to do so. It WILL affect the rest of the world.. So let's hope for a good verdict. It's awesome that this made it to TV! I'm proud of the CVDPA and what we have accomplished even to this point. It just proves that the internet is truly a wonderful thing, when not censored, biased, or over-regulated. This wouldn't have been possible even 20 years ago. Best of luck!