PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Bpl - Is It The Beginning Of The End???
Old 20th Jun 2014, 13:22
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The plane which crashed was the first plane I went solo in so it has a special place in my heart
, RM allegedly stated.

'I am really sorry for all the distress I have caused to the families of the pilots involved and for the loss of life' was a statement either not made by RM or not reported.

If there was ever a cause fo action for a charge of corporate manslaughter surely the RM 'events' fit the bill?

It is hard to imagine how it would be possible to flaunt the regulations and the law and get away with it all so lightly?!

It's a disgrace and a poor example of mal-administration by the UK CAA that they should have enabled RM to retain his flight instructor ratings and examiner authorisations following these accidents.

I know of one pilot whose wife banned him from flying at FlyBpl following a series of mishaps and near misses that occurred whilst flying those aircraft.

Unfortunately, as with most aspects of life, great trust is placed in those providing a service to the public - a public who expect the justice system and the regulators to discharge a duty of care to ensure that trust is well-placed.