PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe DHC8 F/O recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2014, 10:53
Holyjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe DHC8 F/O recruitment

Immelman87, until you have done a JOC and a typerating you just wont get it. My first typerating was turboprop but the JOC definitely gave me and my partner a great start. A good pass in ATPL means you know your stuff..if you achieved high marks by learning the bristol database then that will come out on the course. Its .kind of important when it's your job! I can tell you numerous times I have had to recall ATPL stuff to troubleshoot a problem...you really need to know your stuff and your instrument skills have to be spot on..every time.
It's not just about the ray bans, the uniform, the flash car and fit cabin crew, its about being fully prepared to take your place on the airways.
Put it another way.....if you injured your leg and your flying career was on the line, you'd make damn sure you had a doctor who knew above and beyond what they needed to know to help you.
If you cock up in the air its game over. Airlines need to mitigate that risk by ensuring you have been given every advantage by good training.
Good luck to all