PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2014, 09:51
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well do we really know how hard Jodie worked actually? For sure she said she worked hard, but anyone could say that. I'm not sure she even understood what she was really trying to align herself with. She moaned about getting up early (which is an important part of the job); she couldn't serve passengers food and drink without giggling like a schoolgirl; she pretended to speak French to a "French" passenger even though she couldn't speak a word of it. On top of all that her story about finding a message in a bottle which inspired her to the role seems highly contrived. The above points - and many others besides - suggest to me that Jodie was out of her depth from start to finish. It's a pity this wasn't recognised earlier in the recruitment process for Jodie's sake as well as everyone else; it was never going to end well for her.

I have to say, but I stand to be corrected, that pitching attitude with aptitude to raise the profile of a crew member to an acceptable altitude of BA is by far the biggest handicap for recruitment and training and you could see this well even with the BA FPP trainees.
Not sure what you mean by this? In my view attitude and aptitude are inextricably linked to the role of a pilot. You could have the best hand-eye co-ordination in the world but it's irrelevant if you do not care about the company and its objectives. Likewise, you could be the most passionate person in the world, but if you can't fly straight and level then you're never going to make a good pilot. It's unsurprising that recruitment looks to obtain candidates who demonstrate both.