PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2014, 08:59
DesertHawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents in. Firstly be sure to understand 4200 a month is not what a new joiner will make as a DEC. More like 3800BD then u have to pay for a place to live. Was bringing home on average approx 3200 after housing.(lowest in the region) but u will be paid.

Yes nice place to live for sure. To say its the best in the region is very limited view that i find only comes from people that don't or can't leave. Is a good place in many ways but so are the other options. From someone who has lived in more then one place I find Bahrain was limiting but enjoyable.

Rostering will be an absolute joke. You will find yourself constantly checking your system as changes are hourly. Absolutely no planning for your life. Not saying 320 anywhere else is way better(except qatar) but GF is by far the worst rostering system/mentality in the region. PS don't expect 48 days leave. every year it get cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances but same people in charge of that

Colleagues are great. Simple as that. Yes some younger guys are different but its all the same everywhere. In the end cockpit environment is good and everyone just gets the job done! that is a bonus

As far as the political situation to say no one was effected is very narrow minded! Driving through road blocks watching kids throw moltav cocktails are just a few of the thing i personally witnessed that nudged me out the door. Its sad as in general the people are ULTRA friendly compared to next door. If u live in Amwaj and don't ever travel to saar on weekends u will not notice. If u were there the last 3-4 years and u didn't see any effect u had blinders or BSing. Personally I found it ok but wouldn't want to expose my children to that on a long term basis(how it was at its worst i mean) and it could happen again.

All that being said If u need a job its a decent place. Don't expect to change anything! i mean anything! no one will listen but expect to be treated ok and be paid. It is not what it once was, and that is how I choose to remember it, good times.