PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2014, 20:48
PPRuNeUser0172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree with your view regarding Andy's comment about encountering passengers, and their associated problems, for the first time and shared my own in my previous post. I do think that Dirty Sanchez had rather misinterpreted the statement.
No I didn't. My point was what a fantastic soundbyte, which I am sure did not sit well with the 'customer first' management. I am sure that it was edited out of context for that very purpose. I am clever enough to deduce that the FO who said it probably did so without meaning to infer that passengers are problematic, which brings me back to my original point that these fly on the wall docu-soaps are very good at polarising their content.

Perhaps he also needs to appreciate that the BA FPP scheme is just about the best opportunity out there in the current employment market. It may be expensive, but the eventual contract, offered only upon successful completion of the course, is for a permanent, pensionable position on a modern jet. With many now considering that, with airlines requiring not only a valid type rating, but also experience on that particular type, the opportunities to transfer between type and airline have become seriously limited, and possibly even a cul de sac if on a turbo prop.
I have met many of the initial intake and they have not entered into this training lightly, but in a seriously considered manner. All respect to them for having the courage of their convictions and the demonstrated ambition to succeed.
Couldn't agree more. Fair play to all the FPP candidates, hugely competitve and a credit to them for being selected - that was not my point. I do think it is disgusting how much financial risk is placed on the individual but sadly indicative of the wider industry.

Although in the CC forum, the topic title is about the whole series which doesn't just focus on the CC.