PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lake Evella crash findings
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2003, 21:00
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lilsis

Mr Hat refers to the people who removed the deceased from the wreckage and suggested that viewing the carnage should be recommended viewing for “operators who have lost a grip on reality”. Perhaps the operators should have visited the site immediately after the accident, but the fact of the matter is they didn’t.
Perhaps they didn’t think it important?
Perhaps it would have cost too much money?
Perhaps it took too long to fly from Adelaide to the Lake?
Perhaps it was just all too much of an inconvenience. Just like it was too much of an inconvenience to collect the belongings of the deceased and return them to the family.
The Gapuwiyak community however were genuinely sincere and gave Rob a very moving send off where he was “loved out of the community” with a traditional Aboriginal Ceremony.
Whilst I am staggered, mortified and disgusted by that revelation, I have to say that sadly I am not surprised.

I don't know who the operator was, but if what you say is correct then he/they should be damned to hell forever.

I have had the misfortune to have only lost one crew member in a perfectly serviceable aircraft, he was not performing "aeros" and we believe got caught on short finals by a willy willy. The file after 30 odd years is still open, but, we were at the site 750 nm away, within the time it took to round up one of the fleet and fly there.
I carry that sight and the thought of his family and children with me still.

Please accept my personal apologies for their unforgiveable behaviour and deepest sympathy at the loss of Big Bro with the consolation that he was “loved out of the community” in a truly sincere fashion.