PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2014, 14:57
FullTanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-F0RC3
I totally agree with your view regarding Andy's comment about encountering passengers, and their associated problems, for the first time and shared my own in my previous post. I do think that Dirty Sanchez had rather misinterpreted the statement.
Perhaps he also needs to appreciate that the BA FPP scheme is just about the best opportunity out there in the current employment market. It may be expensive, but the eventual contract, offered only upon successful completion of the course, is for a permanent, pensionable position on a modern jet. With many now considering that, with airlines requiring not only a valid type rating, but also experience on that particular type, the opportunities to transfer between type and airline have become seriously limited, and possibly even a cul de sac if on a turbo prop.
I have met many of the initial intake and they have not entered into this training lightly, but in a seriously considered manner. All respect to them for having the courage of their convictions and the demonstrated ambition to succeed.