PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 4
Thread: SOUTHEND - 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2014, 13:10
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cumbrianboy's figures are entirely reasonable. The typical ill-informed and inflammatory garbage from the respondent.

I've got to my car, pulled out the car park and driven past McDonalds a shade over ten minutes after touchdown from a domestic flight. You can easily be on a train by that time, they are every 10 minutes at peak so 20 mins from plane to train at worst. Even arriving on an international EZY off-peak with luggage you would be very unlucky to have to spend more than 35 mins between touchdown and train .

Online check in removed the need for business travellers to queue some time ago.

Day return pax won't have toothpaste. Any regular business passenger staying longer that doesn't know the drill deserves the punishment of a bag in the hold. Not that delivery at SEN takes very long, especially from props.

The point about proximity to airport compared to rail station in Carlisle was disregarded. Of course, not everyone will live in the very centre of Carlisle anyway and though I've not been there I'm guessing early morning buses are few and far between.
OK sxflyer,

If I am so wrong then I challenge you to get from central Carlisle to a London rail terminus in 2hrs 35mins by public transport ... It ain't ever going to happen