PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY question
Thread: THY question
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2014, 09:08
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Bus Driver Man,

Try not to be so disingenuous to others experiences. Just because you were alright does not mean that every one was treated well.

I personally as explained left "correctly" and was fine. I also went and saw the fleet manager, the chief pilot and the foreign pilots department but I a served my entire year and therefore did not expect any problems.

On the other side of the house numerous colleagues were treated appallingly and had everything I said above happen to them.

To imply that we were welcome, treated equally and fairly and that there are no problems in THY is not representative of the issues to hand. When I was there there were just over 300 yabanci pilot and I knew at least 100 reasonably well. Some of those are still there, most are not and not one single pilot amongst them would agree that it was anything short of a nightmare joining, working or leaving THY. The only reason that those who are there remain is because it is more palatable than the alternative.

If you happen to be A430/B777 it is of course likely that you will see the world entirely differently as many of the problems experienced are by those on the short haul and B737 fleets specifically.

After witnessing numerous pilots try and leave correctly I personally handed over the ID cards and uniforms for many more of my colleagues who left before me who realised that it was a fairly pointless task.

So unless they genuinely have learnt from their experience and turned around how they now treat pilots lets not try and make out that THY is a bastion of fairness, equality and HR correctness.

VT

Last edited by Vortex Thing; 19th Jun 2014 at 10:51.