PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia recruiting
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2014, 21:41
PMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

to all who have been reading this thread,
this is my final post on this topic.

my intention was not to offend any international hires or potential hires to AsA, so apology if that's what occurred.

The point I was trying to make and encourage discussion (I am very passionate about this - no apology there), was that as missy pointed out with the stats is that AsA is very and will be very short. There are plenty of ex AsA very experienced staff who want to come back which would help ease their shortage and future shortage issues, short term.

Additionally as pingouin pointed out the "not a good corporate citizen or cultural fit" excuse is not only "short sighted spitefulness" but from where I stand also discrimination and illegal under Australian law.

I want it on record that if AsA was to rehire all the so called problem children exp controllers back that it will not be enough to curb the tide of departures, but the fact is if this could be done and the locals were looked after first, I know the local rehires would be more than happy to welcome overseas controllers into the fold, but it has to start by looking after aussie citizens first.

vent complete, sorry to those I upset