PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - baby on board
Thread: baby on board
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2014, 21:08
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of you replying on this question are MEN so very few replies from mothers. - I have 4 children, and 18 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren.l

I have taken my grandchildren for a ride in a Cessna 152 when they were old enough, NO SOONER. And old enough is old enough to take the controls themselves, say 11 or 12 years old.

Also, how many hours of experience do you have in the air? maybe 300? how many hours of experience driving a car? I've been driving constantly since l950.

Before I took any family up, I had over 800 hours, and an IR, and had experienced all sorts of conditions.

As for younger brats, NO WAY! You men are quite simply wanting to impress the kid. Usually a ride in a small plane will make a child BORED and SICK.
What is the last time you had to clean up the puke? happens quite suddenly.

I think taking your whole family in your fancy twin on holiday is asking for a really horrible time, not even taking into consideration its a bit riskier than driving. Kid needs to use the toilet? Are we there yet? are we there yet......pressure on the PILOT, Daddy, to make bad decisions if weather is dodgy.

In the car you can stop any time, frequently, unless you are stuck on the M40. And your entertainment for the brats is often built in.

Come on blokes, grow up. And wait for the kid to grow up enough to appreciate the experience.