PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helmets - Should you? and Which?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2003, 17:03
helipilotnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
perhaps i am in error. four years ago i asked nzqa about the option for loans to fly helicopters and was told it was only set up for fixed wing tickets. i then got hold of all technical institutes who took the fixed wing diploma in aviation and hounded them till one got the helicopter syllabus put onto the nzqa frame work and therefore available for the loan scheme. i then moved the length of the country as i was led to believe that it was the first. i am in my second year of the two year diploma of aviation course and have passed all management papers so far along with the aviation exams. two more to go (cpl pof and cpl airtech) with one on wednesday. got my ppl(h) september last year. i have also started to fly fixed wing to get a instrument rating and will sit my commercial flight test (h) in about six weeks. i then start C cat time building and instrument flying with the aim to be finnished and looking for a job anywhere by christmas. yes i will be a low timer but i will have an instrument rating, ppl(a) c cat rating and a diploma in management.

my instructors have recommended to the class to get a helmet but is optional, i thought i would ask the experts opinions.

i have noticed not much room in the r22 and wont wear one if i get one for the flight test for that very reason.
thanks for any advice and appologise if i have been in error.
helipilotnz