PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON GLIDING CLUB
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2014, 19:38
Flyaways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LONDON GLIDING CLUB

Hi guys,

My desire to fly has flared up again this time sparked by an article about gliding (on the Daily Mail website!).

I am looking at London Gliding Club... but can any explain how it works? I am aware that 'clubs' are very much that- you do jobs around the airfield and wait your turn to fly. However is LGC like that? It looks like I can buy a 5 day course and be 'almost' solo after that. Unfortunately that's about as detailed as the website gets...

My questions:

1) If I go on this course, how is it structured? Do I go there and have to spend ages waiting for 'my turn to fly' or is it like learn some stuff, go for a flight, review flight or learn some more, go for another fly??

2) Obviously I won't be a qualified glider pilot after this course, so what kind of thing do I do after it? How much does it cost for me to take more lessons with an instructor?

3) (General question) How much do you reckon it costs to get from zero to qualified?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions but I think that's good enough to get me going. Gotta say this aerobatic flying is making me excited....

Any other advice is welcomed!