PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class A/B aircraft???
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2014, 06:34
hawkerxp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class A: Transport Category Aircraft (>5700kg jet, >8600kg Turboprop, >???? kg Helicopter) or RPT (Including PA31 type of RPT)
Class B: Anything not class A

---- If you believe me stop reading here -----
The regs are actually simple to follow on this one the key is to follow the exceptions which leads you to the point where it is not just anything operated commercially. Most peoples mistake is not reading 206(1)(c). They just read 206 as a whole.

"Class A aircraft" means an Australian aircraft, other than a balloon, that satisfies either or both of the following paragraphs:

(a) the aircraft is certificated as a transport category aircraft;

(b) the aircraft is being used, or is to be used, by the holder of an Air Operator's Certificate which authorises the use of that aircraft for the commercial purpose referred to in paragraph 206(1)(c).

Note:206(1)(c) the purpose of transporting persons generally, or transporting cargo for persons generally, for hire or reward in accordance with fixed schedules to and from fixed terminals over specific routes with or without intermediate stopping places between terminals.

Note: Subregulation 2(2C) sets out how an aircraft is certificated as a transport category aircraft.

Transport Category Aircraft = Check the flight manual it says it in the front or

Jets with 10 or more seats or a maximum takeoff weights (MTOW) greater than 12,500 lb (5700 kg); or
Propeller-driven airplanes with greater than 19 seats or a MTOW greater than 19,000 lb (8618 kg).

CASA EX130/12 Exemptions as made
This instrument exempts operators of class A aircraft engaged in private operations from complying with regulations 42ZV and 42ZY of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988. Basically Don't have to have maintenance controller.

"Class B" means anything that is not class A

....If you still don't believe me I charge $600 per hour for further explanation....

mmm beer