PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many of your CPL classmates are flying 7 years after graduation?
Old 18th Jun 2014, 05:07
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many of your CPL classmates are flying 7 years after graduation?

It has now been 7 years since I got my CPL. Around 20 people started with me but only about 12 finished and out of those 12, four were foreign students.

So 7 years on and out of the local guys (and girl) who got a CPL one is now a personal trainer, another went back to Uni (after looking for about 3 years for a job). Another is stuck in a job he hates (a flying job mind you) and pretty much apart from me everyone else is an instructor.

The reason I am posting here is because I have been led to believe out of the literally thousands of CPL-IR holders in Europe and many other parts of the world looking for that elusive first job that many again have already given up!

I am trying to gauge how many people are still around 7 years after getting a CPL. I read a statistic saying that less than 30% of people who obtain a CPL will still be involved in the industry (flying or not) after this length of time.

Anybody want to volunteer with some numbers?

Last edited by pilotchute; 18th Jun 2014 at 11:08.