PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MIKE DELTA X-RAY
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2014, 04:34
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Moisie. I can see why you post anonymously.

Your statement is not factually based.

I no stage did I " blast off regardless " after being given traffic on six other aircraft at Taree or Port Macquarie.

Seeing you can't even remember which airport it was I think their is a chance you have the story mixed up.

In fact I communicated to all six other pilots as I was taxiing and arranged full procedural " radio arranged" separation using superior spatial abilities I had leaned as an Aussie pilot. Required a total of 261 calls backward and forward while we jammed up the area frequency as there were no CTAFs in those days.

Somehow I got airborne safely and did not need to look out to see and avoid at any time- was head down writing all the call signs and estimates down!

Those Americans with their E airspace with VFR pilots not even knowing the frequency IFR aircraft are on are simply losers.

I dream of the day we can go back to the quadrantal rule where IFR and VFR fly at the same level and we are given a traffic information service on all aircraft within 50 nm. Get all those 600 FSO 's back in jobs all over Australia . Will stop all those en route mid air collisions we have had since 1991 - when we moved to the ICAO semi circular rule - some 23 years ago.