PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Other Airline Staff Travel: Premium Economy?
Old 17th Jun 2014, 20:36
Barnoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from the trip. We were late getting into NRT so missed the flight that only showed premium economy available. Was stunned how apologetic and helpful the Japanese ground staff were. They relisted us on the next open flight and handed us our seats and off we went.

Going out of HKG, we checked in for NRT 1.2 hours prior to departure... tight on time I thought and apologized for showing up so late. Given the standard number and told to come back 1 hour prior. 1 hour came and went. 40 prior I am addressed by an agent with "we need you to wait as there are seats available, but there may not be seats available so you need to wait". WTF does that mean?!? 35 prior to departure we are given premium economy seats and off we went. Cleared Immigration exactly the time the ticket said to be at the gate no later than. Lovely. I must say that the premium economy seats were a very nice surprise and the service was very professional and friendly.

Upon arriving Narita, it was nice to just take the shuttle bus over to Terminal 1, check the availability of which United flight was most open, list for it and check in right at the gate. If Cathay would take the laid back approach to staff travel as United does you guys would really be an incredibly enjoyable experience. The lock down at the ticket counter is indeed stressful and unnecessary. With that said, I am still grateful for the ability to travel with you guys and it was a pleasure getting to and from our destination safely in your hands.