PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia Warns Sweden and Finland Against NATO Membership
Old 17th Jun 2014, 19:48
henra

Received 105 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
Really? Three independent polls by 3 different polling organisations would tend to indicate otherwise....
Did you consider which background these institutions have. Do you really consider them completely neutral ?

'I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself' comes to mind...

Not saying that People in Eastern Ukraine really support Putin's messing with Ukraine, but I don't like being fooled by institutions with an Agenda or at least a bias.
Since I disdain the fervor with which the Russian population seems to believe their Media in this affair I try to avoid doing the same with our own Media.

And then even from these statistics I can read a huge discrepancy between the general political views of Eastern Ukraine vs. Western Ukraine. In reality I'm really wondering what keeps this thing together?

And reading about the Level of hatred that has developped between pro Russian and pro Western population I really have some difficulties seeing a peaceful and united Ukraine in the medium term. Will have to get worse before getting better, I'm afraid.