PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay review
Thread: EK Pay review
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2014, 18:10
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies & Gents,

Interesting reading over the last few days - mostly warranted.

Frankly I was surprised along with everyone else with what was delivered.

I guess it is what it is...it's a commercial transaction.

They give what they think will retain. We leave when we will no longer accept what we are given.

Attrition is our friend...and it will continue.

Attraction is not an issue - plenty of tools in HRs box ( DEC, lowering hours, lowering aircraft weight threshold, 2nd Officers etc).

Personally I have gone from being an Emirates Pilot to being a Boeing Pilot over the years. I don't care about what is written on the side of the fuselage anymore (I used to)...I fly your peeps from A to B...give me my money. Nothing less and never again anything more.

I have no anger or enmity towards the corporate entity...because it's business....you extract the maximum from us while giving us the minimum...BUT you now have a problem because we extract the maximum from you but give you the minimum (& often times less with those with no scruples)..the abstract cost of that culture is reflected in this report from 'BusinessTraveller' on a. Trip report from biz class in the A380:

"The service on this flight was impersonal and at times slapdash. It's the first time I have ever seen a passenger chatting on his mobile phone during take-off, the cabin wasn't tidied properly before landing, and passengers should be helped to make the most of the flat-bed with the bedding available.

I also find it odd that with the extensive amenity kits on offer, you have to ask for ear plugs separately."

Not exactly SIA ...

BUT the people I do look at with disdain are the resume builders who subscribe to this mirage...the 'fresh prince of gel hair' ACP, The HR volunteers, the mgt wannabes.... (Not the trainers...I believe that is a vocation)

And here's why...most of them came from a unionized system of proper negotiations and principles...that was the original facilitator of getting them to a position of where they would not have been today...cue TCAS, ATC, EGT ... And the new teenager from Scandi...(does he shave...???)

To them I say...you are viewed with contempt with 'a smile and a handshake' ...and you represent nothing of what the profession deserves ..

..Respect.

f.

Last edited by fliion; 17th Jun 2014 at 18:25.