PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One for the maintainers, hardest job you have done
Old 17th Jun 2014, 14:09
PTR 175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good topic, lets see how long this one runs. I predict it will end up as 'Shoe box in t'middle of road'

A few interesting ones.

Baulk head connector up the top of the electrical bay, behind the cockpit of a T7 Hunter. Still the best looking military aircraft in the world bar none. I was the only one who could get into the right place.

Rear intercom box on a Bucc. Removed the old 52 way D type, yes, you can see this one comming. Soldered on the new one without fitting the back shell. Removed the 52 way D type again, refitted it with the back shell. Whilst sitting on the MB seat working sidways. I was stiff as a board the next day.

Hottest job, replacing the Zeus Rx on a Harrier GR5 at Nellis. I even went in early while it was cooler. By the time it was tested and wire locked it was baking hot outside let alone up in the rear end of said aircraft. I was wringing wet through. Shift FS not impress by my appearance.

Trying to do any job on an aircraft when in order of seniority, your shift FS followed by the JengO and Sengo ask how you are doing. But to do that you have to stop what you are doing so that they can hear you grrrrrrrrrrrr. You would have think they would have got the message when my work collegue threw a hammer at one of them. I think the dent in the concrete is still there at St Mawgan,

My brother got stuck in the wing tank of a Victor. They had to tie a rope to his leg and pull him out. He also nearly got knocked out by the rotor brake on a chinook because he did not want to use two hands to do it because he was holding an ice cream he had just been given to him by his boss for doing a good job