PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Airlines Joining
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2014, 14:03
masalama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FD7

Yardman sums it best.It is a personal decision and all the best with that. Do not base your decision to move solely on the view of some of our "professional" pilot colleagues here.

Some pilots have moved to the ME from first world nations where having labour unions or minimum wage rules and complete freedom of expression are not given a second thought to. They made the decision to move purely on the widebody/time to command and the attractive brochure and interview process. When things haven't gone the way it was planned and the fizz dissipates from the fizzy babblech, frustration and angst seeps in.

You have lived in India and survived , got your command on the 320 possibly with a low cost carrier and 33 years old. Talk to relatives/friends who live there about life in Dubai and things your wife and kid(s)? needs like jobs,school, housing etc. Remember , it's their country so be prepared to follow their rules , making the move from India is much less a culture shock for you and your family than say someone from US/AUS/Europe .

If command comes again in 10 years as some have said , you will be 43 with a total time of 11000 hours and good narrow body and widebody experience , is that really that bad? EK isn't perfect but please show me a perfect airline to work for in India , I'm readying up my CV.
It's your decision to make that won't come very often and all the best

On a lighter note, here's an awesome video on our passengers haha

Masalama.

Last edited by masalama; 17th Jun 2014 at 14:52.