PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2014, 08:48
propilot9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
22 years old can still be considered a "young" age to begin to pilot training! And from what I can see you possess a higher education besides just secondary school which makes you already a more appealing candidate than those just going straight into flight training from secondary school.

The airline industry is extremely volatile! There are ups and downs constantly. You can just tell by reading the news. You see airlines with profits and ones with losses and such. And, this industry is highly competitive too. In terms of employment, the fact that you possess a higher education, already helps you stand out from the crowd. The career of a pilot IMHO is one which in the long run has its compensation. But to get there, you have to be ready for sacrifice, a lot of will power and passion. It has to be something you REALLY want. If you have all this, I say go for it!

Remember also that a pilot's career is directly dependent on your personal health. If for whatever reason later you unfortunately aren't fit to fly (God please forbid), you'll have the higher education to help you find your next job. I hope that helps!