PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia recruiting
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2014, 00:41
PMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry aussie jobs and 457 visas

tyler,

obviously you didn't read my earlier post, as I already mentioned Germany, so I covered that off pal.

I suspect you are in your mid to late 20's and airservices is your only ATC employment to date, so therefore NOT very worldly when it comes to ATC as your previous comments have shown.

If you knew anything about the middle east, which you don't, the "nationals" as they like to be called don't like to work much at all. All they want to do is be a manager and sit at a desk and get an expat to make the decisions, simple as that. its a cultural thing and unfortunately for them OR fortunately for expats, westerners fill those gaps, which are actually needed and will still be needed when you and I are both pushing up daisies.

In Oz we DON'T need foreign nationals to fill the void, we have plenty of young aussies who could be trained and plenty of very experienced 15 plus years of ATC experience peeps (in fact way more experience than a lot of these foreigners who are being hired) who would love to come back to AsA but are being knocked back because of the reasons I already mentioned, and as ferris said much mismanagement over the years.
Like you mate I have worked with many international ATC's, probably way more than you ever will and I am not doubting their creds here, just the fact we don't need them.