PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huw Forrester Brown
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2014, 23:56
e734c1fa42a367ca2390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huw Forrester Brown

I'm not a pilot. I just put in Huw's name as i wanted to know exactly where the plaque was. I believe he managed to put his aircraft down on the only uninhabited building in the vicinity.

I knew Huw when he was trying to live a peaceful life and work in an office - less of a fish out of water more a whale. I'm so happy to have stumbled across this site - I didn't know anyone else who knew him. He was just lovely - we were both temping in the Stock Exchange doing the most boring job imaginable and he made it such fun. Men in suits trying to play the boss with Hugh F Brown - laughable! There is one story he told me that would appeal to readers of this site - Hugh went to the US to do a conversion course - passenger aircraft or just bigger commercial ones - can't remember - the examiner asked him what he would need to fly through Russian airspace. Hugh's reply "Steely blue eyes, a strong square jaw and thin, cruel lips" Apparently his questioner laughed so much he fell off his chair. God bless that man. Can we all raise a glass to him or something - I've always felt the need to commemorate him in some way. (perhaps I'll make a pilgrimage to see the plaque) Gina