PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA China Southern!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2014, 22:38
Calvin Hops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737lpa Sorry to hear you only had the one.

I had a CS sim instructor operating the sim and a CAAC check airman evaluating us -

For what it is worth we walked out of the sim demoralized and thinking we failed based on the lecture we got about our cockpit management skills -

I told myself right then and there - that if I failed I was NOT going to attempt it again.

Keep in mind we both had at least 5000hrs command on the 37 and work for very respected safe strict SOP established companies.

We were of course surprised to be then told we passed. WTF

Im not sure any of it makes any sense -
You made assumptions ! At the back of your minds, all the negative hogwash you hear about Asians and Asian check airmen made you assume too much, conjuring negative scenarios in your mind.

Bear in mind that a lot of expats in Asia have dodgy credentials and the ones feeding you utterly negative opinions are really the riff raffs who had failed trying their luck over here in Asia.

Your over 5000 hours of quality command time had certainly borne fruit and the Chinese check airmen saw to that...the impression you get about lecture on your cockpit management skills might have been tainted by their lack of ability to articulate their concerns or comments in English.

Now go and enjoy your tome with CSA and free yourselves from the utter codswallop you get from losers, whingers and whiners.