PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 16th Jun 2014, 10:18
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wander00 - No word from John Annan - but we weren't really mates, our teenage brides were. My Anne wonders if he is still with Pat?

Re your noises in the loft, could be fouines ( stone martens ) or loir/glis glis (edible dormice ), maybe the snake emerging was just a coincidence. I hate snakes too, we did see the odd one crawling into the stonework when we lived in Gers. Anne loves them and was always trying to pick them up . She says Couleuvre verte et jaune ( western whip-snake ) isn't poisonous but frisky!!

AA62 - really enjoying the photos - 'dinghy drill', looks like John Cheshire on the right, Graham Finch in the middle?, maybe John Pilkington far left?

Talking of JP; after one dinghy drill we were all getting dressed on the launch and JP takes his trunks off to reveal this enormous donger. 'Look at the size of that thing' yells F/E Gren Balmforth, 'Yeah, it's always small when I'm cold and wet' says John!

SWMBO and I can't remember what we did to put photos on here, help!