PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discrimination at South African Airways - Cadet Pilot
Old 15th Jun 2014, 18:02
DHC6to8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q400

I was just at the Q400 sim in Vienna and met up with two white SA instructors who complained how retarded and inncompetent the little young black lady is that was with them.... she has taken hours in the sim to marinally reach a level that others attain in less than half the time and have long progressed.... It is the truth... and the crazy part is that the instructors told me that they have to train her to standard...
I don't really care what color you are, your gender, your religion or your sexual preference... it should be and always remain that the best PERSON for the job gets the job... if that results in a flight operations roster of all white, or all black or all female pilots... then so be it... but, wasting time and money on people who are slotted to fill seats because they are a minority is pure insanity... I just don't get it....
After 20 years as a commercial pilot I have learned that not everybody has the ability and apptitude to successfully and safely operate commercial aircraft...