PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Other Airline Staff Travel: Premium Economy?
Old 15th Jun 2014, 16:05
wheels up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember once travelling standby on a wide open cx flight. I asked the girl at the counter if she could possibly give me a seat with an open seat next to it.

When I boarded the aircraft there was virtually no-one on the aircraft - row after row of empty seats. When I arrived at my allocated seat I realised I had been seated right next to another solitary passenger - I just shook my head, carried on walking and took the next available empty row.

If I have a choice I would rather travel on an airline other than cx - one that recognises that standby passengers are still customers providing a lucrative revenue stream, and filling otherwise empty seats.

Travelling on a full KLM flight I was even offered the jumpseat since I had my crew card - when they found me a seat in economy they apologised profusely for sticking me down the back. Last flight on Finnair I was given a business seat, and frequently on BA.

The standby system at HKIA is a horse and pony show - the BA system at LHR makes it look third world in comparison.