PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hotel quality in Cathay
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2014, 07:58
Mr Angry from Purley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. How can I get a decent rest when the curtains are so rubbish that I can't darken the room?
2. How can I get a decent rest when the temperature control is non-existent?
3. How can I get a decent rest when said temperature control unit is rattling all day & night?
4. How can I get a decent rest when the noise from the surrounding neighbourhood can't be filtered from my room?
5. How can I feel safe going out for food at some weird hour (jet-lag) because if I turn right instead of left out the front door I'm in gang territory?
Cut the emotion and just report the facts as above. Yes you can ring your boss at 0300 HKG time but if not do it the next day/time you see him. If its that bad go see him in the Office, ask him to visit etc. There is a risk you'll end up at the airport but then these should be avoided as you get greater throughput (noise)
OK at some places you get the odd rogue Hotel but given CX buying power they should get Hotels throwing their business at them.

Lastly, the key question about Hotel suitability is would the Captain stay there if he was paying for it himself - the answer is of course Yes.......