PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strip near Narooma
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2014, 09:17
gerry111

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Stikybeke wrote:

"The taxi service is no problem if you ring well in advance." (Moruya)

A couple of years ago, three of us flew from YSBK to there in an Archer for lunch. I rang the taxi company back after waiting half an hour when 10 minutes were promised. In the end, after nearly an hour, the very generous lady who ran the Hertz franchise loaned us her car. And for free. We had a lovely lunch at a restaurant she recommended. We then bought her two bottles of wine and a box of chocolates. Made for a really great day!

YMRY has an Aero Refuellers self serve bowser so no free lifts by the refueller into town.

P.S. If you land at Leigh Creek as we did last month, don't bother ringing for a taxi. There no longer is one. But I rang the number on the Terminal door 0429 012 445 and a very obliging caravan park owner picked us up seven minutes later. We had a good lunch and coffee at the take away shop and he picked us up half an hour later. I gave him a donation of $20 which he was quite happy with. He wants to promote tourism in his town. So all fuelled up, we headed for Arkaroola.