PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sendary effect of rudder
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2014, 08:19
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2ndry affect of rudder.

Secondary Affect of Yaw.

anything on the outside travels faster. If you yaw right tail goes left reducing the airflow over the right wing right wing - Left wing goes faster because it has got its original forward speed through the sir - plus - an additional forward speed relative to the right wing - momentarily - as the aircraft yaws.

As the Left wing is going faster in relation to the right wing going slower - then:

There is more Lift on the Left wing - compared to less Lift on the right wing.

The Left wing goes up and the right wing goes down - - as you are helping things along but making, letting the aircraft Yaw, as well, then the aircraft rolls to the right.

Ok, only kidding - actually - am not - come forth ye critics with yer span-wise airflow and angle of attack - fair enough then.

Listen Dudes and Duedess-esses -

Smite us as ye may for saying its not a case of the left wing going faster and the other wing going slower - but do dive in with the pickys and the numbers - don't just say its ----, get on in there - life is short, right?

In other words: show us what you mean - (or go and make some tea)

Thank you for your time.

Re: Bootfuls - Don`t bootful anything - as JT says.

It is not the Brazilian World Cup - were not scoring for England here. Don`t "bootful" anything until you have been shown by an instructor and an aerobatic instructor at that.

As J.T rightly says - an appropriate, amount of rudder is to be used in the event of a wing drop - opposite rudder to the dropping wing - opposite rudder - so that if the Right wing drops, say, IN A STALL, then one would straighten the aircraft that is level the wings - not with the aileron - not with the aileron, but with opposite rudder, not "booting it in" - that's disgusting but apply sufficient rudder, even full rudder, momentarily, momentarily to recover the dropped wing - this is at the stall (or just after the wings have stalled - if the wing has suddenly dropped during the stall)

I won`t go into it - but the reason we do that is so as NOT to use aileron - why? Well using aileron during the stall to pick up the dropped wing can further stall the dropped wing - leading to a spin. If you are trained in spinning you will recover from an incipient spin - i.e., meaning - you will be trained to recover at the pre-stage or onset of the spin before it develops I mean - you will also be able to recover from a developed spin. In reality - if you get into a fully developed spin by accident then you are naughty to fly through a cyclone or you are half asleep or you should have left her on the ground and gone out for a pizza instead . . . . ?

You will get spin training at your local flying club/school as part of your PPL training.

Some of you fly so well that you are daft enough to go and spin - all on your own - why not?

I`ve spun with a student hundreds of times. Can`t quite get myself to do it solo though - seems like an insane way to fly. Unless you are an instructor or aerobatic pilot or a test pilot or a fighter pilot.

If you are not trained in spin recovery - then go and become trained in spin recovery - it may save your life one day.

Don`t put "bootfuls of rudder in" nobody does it - they are just being silly or un-learned.

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 14th Jun 2014 at 08:55.