PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spain sees the light, France next ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2014, 23:30
Squawk7777

Location: formally Alamo battleground, now the crocodile with palm trees!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

G-SSWN, CDG, 25 May 2000
Crew did NOT maintain sterile cockpit. I wouldn't have been that difficult to figure it out. If you don't accept that foreign countries have different rules, don't fly there!

BEA Trident at Split 1976
If you consider the tens of thousands of safe flights that occur in non-English airspace, the risk is very very low. It is usually grossly exaggerated by the usual French haters and monoglots. I fly into Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean and don't feel any less safe when I flew contract for a UK operator out of MAN and BHX. A little adjustment to your local environment, an open mind and common sense are more valuable then thumping on an ANO and expecting the whole world to adjust to you.

Another fact that the foreign language R/T haters like to ignore is that the military does NOT necessarily use VHF in the same airspace. Where is the outcry? Silenced by nationalism? This is what this thread is all about, n'est-ce pas?

I am actually not surprised that the finger gets usually pointed at France, after having lurked on this forum for almost fourteen years now. Little details like dual language ATC in Germany, Canada etc. gets carefully omitted by the accused. Haters are going to hate, no matter what, using the same pet argument over and over.

I wish more UK controllers would speak better Queen's English. That would make me feel much safer!

Last edited by Squawk7777; 14th Jun 2014 at 00:05.