PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator Training for strong crosswind landings
Old 13th Jun 2014, 20:12
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Natstrackalpha
Thank you all for your good wishes - Jameson 18 vintage - did the trick, I finished the bottle very quickly so it wouldn't go off.)
I never feel sick in the sim - never have!
Why did y`all have to go and say the word sick?

by the way Air Rabbit. You are my hero, you should write a book. I love learning from you.
(you `could` get a jealous hit, after that comment but just `turn and burn` - everyone seems very nice on this thread - it would be nice to fly with them - its a bit like the real world actually
Hi Natstrackalpha:

Thanks much for the very kind comments – and I happen to agree with you about the participants on this forum – and I believe that these participants represent the depth and breadth of the attitudes and personalities seen in the cockpits of airplanes around the globe – and that is a good thing – and is what I would suspect that John T and his moderator colleagues have been striving to achieve and maintain. They have succeeded, quite successfully, I think and in that success, it would be darn near impossible to have every point be completely agreed to by every participant all the time … and that impossibility is exactly what makes this forum the best available … and particularly so when those participants read what is posted and then have an opportunity to think about, analyze, argue with, agree with, become convinced (either “for” or “against”) whatever points are being discussed and opinions presented. THAT is where the concept of “learning” is based. One does not have to agree with every aspect of every post to actually learn something “new” or “different” about the subject being bantered about. I believe that it is the anonymity provided – through the faceless and nameless position provided – that allows the participants here to forego the concerns they might have had about jeopardizing their own personal “reputations” by stating what they believe, or by asking the questions that they might not ask in a more traditional training environment. This more complete and more frank exchange of ideas also provides the ability for participants to better understand a point that might not have otherwise been given or given so bluntly or completely, or to hear “the other side of the story” as clearly and as pointedly as is provided here. Sure, sometimes feelings may get a bit “bruised,” but it’s certainly not serious nor long-lasting – and philosophically immaterial when considering what may have been learned or examined from a different perspective.

I suspect that sometime in the future I just may write some kind of opinion-influenced position paper or something similar, although I doubt that anything like a “book” would result, certainly not a very successful book … but I do appreciate the vote of confidence. Also, I think that your personal choice of options/actions from which you were able to choose as your preferences dictated, was certainly an excellent choice …. and I am more than a little envious of your continued ability to venture down that road, because, unfortunately, as more and more pages of the wall calendar have come and gone, my physical ability, not to even address my fiscal ability, to enjoy the use of Jamesons (18), Glenmorangie (18), or Aberfeldy (21) has waned significantly … much to my disappointment. So, at any appropriate time of your choosing, please, when you next splash some of that golden liquid over an ice cube or several, think of me as you do!