PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2014, 16:45
Lonewolf_50

Received 393 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by DozyWannabe
I didn't forget, sir - and I don't want to argue with you. Maybe it was my bad for misunderstanding, but the previous post to which you replied referred to "the stupid stall recovery [being] taught", which you actually underlined in your quote. Therefore it appeared to me that you were saying that "teach[ing] process" was a *bad* thing. Apologies if I got it wrong.
No, my point was to agree with him about teaching the correct process. His point on "min alt loss stall teaching" can have some unintended outcomes in terms of what the pilot has as his objective and actions during stall recovery. The key is to teach the correct stall recovery technique, which will take care of losing altitude (minimize it) by unstalling the aircraft and returning (and maintaining) a flying AoA. IT is in how you teach stall prevention and recovery that the lesson is correctly or incorrectly learned. Teach the correct process.

As to "lower the nose" there's a more technically correct idea behind that regarding "reducing the AoA' though in most stalls reducing pitch attitude will help with the AoA problem one is dealing with.

Sorry to bite at you there, I could have been less terse.

@ Machinbird:
From my very limited exposure to a roll PIO in an older simulator, two PIO oscillation cycles is sufficient to grab your complete attention, and 30 seconds of fighting a PIO oscillation is a lifetime.
Amen, Deacon.